Alexa’s funny and feminine voice has filled millions of homes over the last few years, and Amazon has finally released a masculine voice for it. Amazon is behind this. For many years, Apple and Google have been virtual assistants, providing other voices for both women and men. But lately, it’s good that Amazon finally gives Alexa a choice.
In addition to the two major Alexa voices, Amazon also has celebrity voices (you can choose between Samuel L. Jackson, Shaquille O’Neal, and Melissa McCarthy). It works with these specific phrases and is primarily programmed to answer some questions such as alarms and timers, jokes, and weather forecasts. The price is also $ 5 each. All queries on Echo devices that don’t support the selected celebrity voice will receive a response with a basic Alexa voice.
There are two ways to change the voice of your Echo device Alexa: using the device itself and using the Alexa application. Please note that changing your voice through your device is unreliable to us. The surest way to do it is to use an application.
Voice changes only apply to the Echo device you are currently using. If you’re switching to a masculine voice on multiple Echo speakers or displays in your home, you should do it one at a time. You cannot change the voice of Alexa used by the smartphone application itself. It retains the original feminine voice.
ON AN ECHO OR ECHO SHOW:
- Say the “Alexa change your voice” command.
- If you have more than one Echo Alexa will prompt you to specify the device. Say the name of the device that changes the voice.
- If successful, Alexa responds with a new voice to make sure it sounds like that in the future.
- If it doesn’t work Alexa says, “Sorry, [device name] doesn’t support it.”
ALEXA application for iOS or Android:
- Tap the [Devices] tab at the bottom.
- Press the Echo & Alexa button on the left.
- Press Alexa’s voice changer.
- Tap the Settings cog button in the upper right corner. Scroll down to
- Alexa Voice Options and tap it.
- Select either original (female voice) or new (male voice).
How to use celebrity voice:
- “Asks Alexa to introduce you to a celebrity ( name of celebrity),”.
- Alexa switches to the voice of a selected entertainer and uses it to explain the number. If you are purchasing voice, you will be prompted to verify the charge in your Amazon account.
- You can wake up your Echo device by saying “Hey [celeb name]”. You can enable each echo audio you use.
- With Alexa wake words, you can still use your standard Alexa voice.