Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, the former miss world 1994, one of the most leading actresses in the Indian film industry. She has established herself as one of the most popular and influential celebrities in India. She was born in a traditional family but started modeling at a very young age.
Because of her beautiful acting, Aishwarya won many numerous awards in her acting career. With her beauty she won the most people heart in south Asian region. In this post we’ll discover more about her…
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s Bio:
- Name: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Nickname: Ash, Gullu
- Date Of Birth: 1st November 1973
- Age: 47 (As in 2021)
- Parents: Father: Krisnaraj Rai( Army Biologist), Mother: Vrinda Rai (Homemaker).
- Sibling: Brother- Aditya Rai ( Enigeener in merchant navy)
- Martial Status: Married
- Husband: Abhishek Bachchan
- Children: Aaradhya Bachchan (Daughter)
- Birth Place: Mangalore, Karnataka, India
- Religion: Hinduism
Height: 5′ 7″ (1.70 m)
Weight: 56 kg (123lbs)
Figure Measurement: 34-26-36
Eye Color: Hazel Green Blue
Hair Color: Black
- School: Arya Bidya Mandir, Mumbai
Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai
Modern School, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi
- College: Jai Hindi College, Mumbai.
D.G Ruparel College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai.
Favorite Things Of Aishwarya Bachchan:
- Food Habit: Non-Vegetarian
- Hobbies: Reading, Knitting, Collecting Watch.
- Smokes: NO
- Foods: Chocolate, Chicken Curry
- Actors: Amitabh Bachchan, Raj Kapoor.
- Actress: Nargis
- Films: Casablanca(1992) Hollywood.
- Director: Mani Ratnam and Sanjay lela Bhansali
- Book: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Color: Black, Blue, White.
- Fashion Designer: Giorgio Armani.
- City: Mumbai
- Destination: France, Dubai, South Africa.
Affairs & Controversies:
- In 1996, a magazine named Star and Style published a piece of shocking news. The news said that the actress Raveena Tandon had caught her and Akshay Kumar together in an intimate position at the poolside of a 5-star hotel. For that news, Aishwarya sued that magazine for an amount of 20 million.
- Rajeev Mulchandini was her first boyfriend. During that relationship, Rajeev was a model.
- Her relationship with Salman Khan(1999-2001) was known to all. Their relationship has undoubtedly been one of the most romantic and at the same time one of the nastiest of all times. After the breakup, Aishwarya brings forward that she faced verbal, physical and emotional abuse from Salman Khan.
- After her breakup with Salman khan, Aishwarya has reportedly seen dating Vivek Oberoi. Their relationship didn’t last long. In fact, ended on a bitter note.
- In 2005, actor Shakti Kapoor said that Aishwarya had traded sexual favors. She had traded sexual favors for a spot in Shubash Ghai’s film. Later, he apologized for his word and said that it was a result of anger.
Aishwarya’s Career in Glimpse:
Aishwarya started her career as a Model. In 1991, she won an international supermodel contest organized by ford. Eventually, that was featured in the American edition of Vogue. By appearing in a Pepsi commercial with Amir khan and Mahima Chowdhury she gained huge public recognition. That commercial made her instantly famous.
In 1994, she lost to Sushmita Sen and became the first runner up in Miss India competition. But she was crowned Miss World pageant in the same year. She also won Miss Catwalk”, “Miss Miraculous”, “Miss Photogenic”, “Miss Perfect Ten” and “Miss Popular” along with the Miss World pageant.
In 1997, Aishwarya made her acting debut in a Tamil language film directed by Mani Ratnam called “Iruvar”. She made her debut in Bollywood in the same year in a movie named- Aur pyaar ho gaya (1997). Both films were commercially failed but her acting was critically acclaimed.
Over the years, Aishwarya appeared in many films. But it was the Devdas(2002), that got her frame all over the world. Sanjay Leela Bhansali directed the movie (Devdas), which was originally adopted from Sharat Chandra Chattopadhyay’s novel of the same name. She plays the character of Parvathy in the film. Devdas was the first official Indian movie that was chosen for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film and received a nomination at the BAFTA Awards in the Best Foreign Language Film category.
Aishwarya also appeared in some Hollywood films. She plays the main character in Bride & Prejudice(2004). Acted in the Mistress of Spices (2005), directed by Paul Mayeda Berges, Dino De Laurentiis’ The Last Legion (2007) opposite Colin Firth and Sir Ben Kingsley and Steve Martin’s The Pink Panther 2 (2009).
- Padma Shri: She won the Padma Shri awards in 2009. Padma Shri is the fourth-highest civilian award in the Republic of India.
- IIFA Award for Best Actress: She won the IIFA Award for Best Actress in 2000 for Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and in 2003 for Devdas.
- Zee Cine Award for Best Actress: In 2005 for Raincoat and 2011 for Guzarish.
- Zee Cine Award for True Indian Actress: For Devdas in 2003.
- Stardust Award for Best Actress in a Drama: Guzarish 2011
- BIG Star Film Actor (Female) of the Decade: She won the BIG Star Film Actor (Female) of the Decade in 2010.
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress: For Dil De Chuke Sanam 2000 and for Devdas in 2003.
- The Star Screen Award Jodi No. 1: For Devdas in 2003
- Bollywood Movie Award – Best Actress: For Devdas in 2003
- Stardust Award for Power-Packed Performance of the year: She won the Stardust Award for Power-Packed Performance of the year for her return film Jazbaa 2015
- IIFA Global Indian Media Personality Trophy: She won the IIFA Global Indian Media Personality Trophy in 2005
- The Star Screen Award for Best Female Debut: She won this award for her debut film ‘Aur Pyar Ho Gaya’.
- The Screen Award for Best Actress: In 2000 for Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and in 2003 for Devdas.
- IIFA Award for Outstanding Contribution to International Cinema: She won the IIFA Award for Outstanding Contribution to International Cinema in 2009
- IIFA Award for Star of the Decade (Female): Aishwarya won the IIFA Award for Star of the Decade (Female) for Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Devdas.
- Screen Award for Best Actress (Popular Choice): For Jodhaa Akabar 2009.
- Zee Cine Award for Best Actress – Viewers Choice: For Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam 2000 and Devdas 2000.
- Stardust Award for Actor of the Year – Female: For Dhoom 2 in 2005.
- Zee Cine Award for Lux Face of the Year: For Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Taal in 2000.
- IIFA Award for Most Glamorous Star of the Year: For Dhoom 2 in 2005.
- Star Guild Award for Cinematic Excellence – Female: For Guzarish in 2011.
Aishwarya Rai’s Income:
Net worth – $ 35 million
Salary – 9-10crores/film
Trivia about Aishwarya Rai Bachchan:
- Aishwarya first act in an ad when she was in 9th standard.
- She is a trained classic dancer, she learned 5years in a row when she was a teenager.
- She was a bright student and constantly score above 90%. Before starting the acting career she wanted to become a doctor or a zoologist.
- She tried to become a voice dubbing before becoming famous but was rejected.
- Because of her lack of public speaking she lost Miss India to Susmita Sen in 1994.
- During her days in South Africa in the Miss World competition, all the 82 contestants and the organizer gave her a birthday surprise party by singing Happy Birthday in their native languages.
- Aishwarya is the only actress who had featured in both Coca-Cola and Pepsi.
- “Aishwarya Rai is the most beautiful woman in the world,” said Hollywood actress Julia Roberts.
- After the success of Devdas, Barbie Doll manufactured company Mattel released a limited edition of “Aishwarya Rai Barbie dolls” in the U.K.
- She suffered from ear bleeding due to heavy earrings which she wore during the song making of ‘Dola Re Dola Re’ of ‘Devdas’.
- Aishwarya Rai is the 2nd Indian actress to appear in Time Magazine in 2002.
- She was the first Indian actress to have her wax statue at London’s Madame Tussauds museum in 2004.
- She got offered for Troy(2004) to play the role of Briseis but she turned it down.
- In the Netherlands, a variety of tulip flowers is named after Aishwarya Rai.
- She and her family owned a production company named ‘Target Films’.
- Ash is the first south-Asian and Indian to appear in the famous Oprah Winfrey show in 2009.
- She has fear of cockroaches.
- In 2004, she founded Aishwarya Rai Foundation to help poor people.
- At her wedding, she wore a 53-carat engagement ring that worth 50 lakh (INR).
- In 2003, she became the first Indian actress to be a jury member at the Cannes Film Festival.
- In 2003, she became a global brand ambassador of L’Oréal and later appointed as their mentor.