Abhishek Bachchan is the most criticized actor in the Bollywood Film Industry. Besides an actor, he is also a producer, singer, voice-over artist, and entrepreneur. Fans criticized him continuously for everything he does.
In this post, we’ll try to find out more about him like- education, ups and downs in life, etc…
Abhishek Bachchan’s Bio
- Name: Abhishek Bachchan
- Birth Name: Abhishek Amitabh Srivastav
- Nickname: Baby B, Junior B, A B Junior, Abi, Abhi, AB Baby
- Parents: Amitabh Bachchan, Joya Bachchan.
- Sibling: Shweta Bachchan-Nanda
- Spouse: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Children: Aaradhya Bachchan (Daughter)
- Date Of Birth: 5th February 1976
- Age: 45 (As in 2021)
- Birth Place: Bombay, Maharashtra, India
- Height: 6′ 1″ (1.85 m)
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Black
- Religion: Hinduism
- School (s): Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai
Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai
Modern School, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi
- College/University: Aiglon College in Switzerland
Boston University, USA (Dropout)
Abhishek Bachchan’s Personal Life :
Abhishek Bachchan married Aishwarya Bachchan on 20 April 2007. Their marriage took place in a private ceremony at the Bachchan residence, Prateeksha, in Juhu, Mumbai. Before that, he was engaged to Karisma Kapoor,2002. But both parties called off the engagement without any explanations.
- Food Habit: Non-Vegetarian
- Hobbies: Watching films, Driving, Sketching, Cooking.
- Likes: Every time he travels by air he collects boarding cards.
- Dislikes: He dislikes workout.
- Smokes: NO
- Drinks: Yes.
Favorite Things Of Abhishek Bachchan
- Foods: Spicy Chicken, Biscuits, Banana Chips, M&M’s Chocolate.
- Restaurant: Chez Francis
- Actors: Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjoy Dutt, Manoj Bajpai.
- Actress: Zeenat Aman, Kareena Kapoor Khan.
- Films: Agneepath (1990)
- Tv Shows: Modern Family, Game of Thrones.
- Singers: Swedish House Mafia, Tiesto, David Guetta, Sonu Nigam.
- Song: Tere Bina Sung by A. R. Rahman, Chinmayi from Guru.
- City: Mumbai
- Destination: New York
- Sports: Football
- Team: Chelsea
Abhishek Bachchan Career:
After Abhishek attended the Boston University, he decided to start acting career. To do so, he dropped out from Boston University. His father Amitabh Bachchan supported his decision.
He made his film debut playing the male lead in J. P. Dutta’s war drama Refugee(2000). Refugee performed moderately well at the box office. In spite of the film performance in the box office, Abhishek Bachchan received positive reviews for his performance.
Abhishek Bachchan first hit film was Dhoom (2004). In between Refugee and Dhoom, he gave 17 flop films. He has done more than 70 films over the years.
For his versatility and the variety of films that he has been a part of, he has become famous over the years. From ‘Yuva’ (2004), The ‘Dhoom’ series (2004, 2006, 2013), Sarkar (2005), ‘Bluffmaster’ (2005), ‘Guru’ (2007), ‘Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna’ (2006), ‘Paa’ (2009), to the blockbusters ‘Bol Bachchan’ (2012) and ‘Happy New Year’ (2014).
He acted and produced the film ‘Paa’ and won a National Award for Best Film – Hindi, in which he played father to Amitabh Bachchan (his real-life father). He has produced many films since then through his productions company ‘Saraswati Entertainment’.
From 2016 to 2018 he took a break from acting to concentrate on his other passion, sports. He is the owner of Jaipur Pink Panthers (Pro Kabaddi League) and Chennaiyin Football Club (Indian Super League).
In 2018, he returned to films with ‘Manmarziyaan’ which is critically acclaimed. He also acted in the web series called ‘Breathe’ as the lead role. Which is one of the biggest shows on Amazon Prime Video.
Abhishek Bachchan likes to rap. He featured in “Right Here Right Now” from ‘Bluffmaster’ (Sunidhi Chauhan feat. Abhishek Bachchan) in 2005 and “Until the Sun Comes Up” (Raghav feat. Abhishek Bachchan & Nelly) in 2015.
Abhishek won the Filmfare ‘Best Supporting Actor Award in three consecutive years for Yuva (2004), Sarkar (2005), and Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006). A few years later he received Filmfare’s Best Supporting Actor Award for ‘Dostana’ (2008), ‘Paa’ (2009), and ‘Bol Bachchan’ (2012).
Abhishek Bachchan’s Income:
Salary: Rs 10-12 core/film.
Net Worth: Rs 200 core.
Some Trivia about Abhishek Bachchan:
- In 1997 he became a Mama (maternal uncle), when his married sister, Shweta Nanda, gave birth to a baby girl.
- Has a niece called Navya Naveli and a nephew called Agastye born to his sister Shweta Nanda.
- His daughter Aaradhya, was born on November 16, 2011. ‘Aaradhya’ is a Sanskrit word meaning “the first one, pleasing or worthy of being worshiped.”
- Abhishek started his career as a LIC agent.
- Abhishek Bachchan and Karishma Kapoor got engaged on the occasion of his father, Amitabh Bachchan’s 60th birthday.
- The most famous dance moves in the song Khaike Pan Banaraswala of Don (1979) were inspired by Abhishek’s move as a child.
- He was named ‘the sexiest man in Asia in 2006 by a Uk’s Magazine called Eastern Eye Magazine.
- When he was a kid, he suffered from Dyslexia( a learning disorder, can’t relate to letters and words.
- Abhishek gave the name ‘Piggy Chops’ to Priyanka Chopra
- He and his beautiful wife appeared in the most famous “The Oprah Winfrey” show in 2009.
- Abhishek Bachchan’s life has been documented in a book called “Abhishek Bachchan: Style and Substance” written by Pradeep Chandra.
The Big Bull: Abhishek Bachchan
Abhishek Bachchan’s new movie ‘The Big Bull trailer was released last week, directed by Kookie Gulati. The movie( The Big Bull) based on infamous stock-broker Harshad Mehta, who was charged with a number of financial crimes during the securities scams of 1992. Abhishek plays the character named Hemant Shah in the movie unlike Scam 1992.
Abhishek co-stars with Ileana D’Cruz who plays a journalist, Nikita Dutta, Sumit Vats, Ram Kapoor, Sohum Shah, and Lekha Prajapati in the film. Ajay Devgan produced “The Big Bull”.
From April 8, The Big Bull will begin streaming on Disney+Hotstar.
Watch the trailer of Abhishek Bachchan’s “The Big Bull” here: