Block ads on Xiaomi
Xiaomi has won the hearts of all the people to give a great specification at low prices. But for a long time, Xiaomi’s own Android skin MIUI has been accused of showing ads.
After purchasing a smartphone with money, many people have questioned showing ads in the phone’s operating system. Ads are seen in MIUI’s multiple preloaded apps. The latest MIUI 10 and its alternatives are not.
There is good news if Xiaomi customers are annoyed by the advertisement. Advertisements can be blocked at MIUI 10. See how?
How to block ads when running MIUI 10 on Xiaomi phone?
- Connect the phone to the internet, making sure MIUI 10 is running on your phone.
- Go to Settings> Additional Settings> Authorization & revocation> and turn off msa options.
- After waiting for 10 seconds, select ‘Revoke’ option.
- After this you will see the “Can’t Revoke Authorization” message.
- After trying three to five times, the system will be released. Try until it’s done.
- Then switch to Settings> Additional Settings> Privacy> Ad services Personalized ad recommendations> off.
How to block ads from Mi File Manager on MIUI 10?
- Open the Mi File Manager app.
- Tap the Hamburger icon on the left side.
- Select ‘About’.
- Turn off ‘Recommendations’ switch.
- Tap on the folder name if there is an app folder on the phone. After that, please disable ‘Promoted Apps’.
How to block ads from MIUI Cleaner at MIUI 10?
- Open MIUI Cleaner.
- Click on the ‘Brush Icon’ at the top right.
- Click on the ‘Gear Icon’ at the top right.
- Turn off ‘Receive recommendations’ switch.
How to block ads from Mi Video on MIUI 10?
- Open the Mi Video.
- Select ‘Account’ at the bottom right.
- Select ‘Settings’.
- Turn off ‘online recommendations’ switch.
- Turn off ‘Push notifications’ switch.
How to block ads from MI Browser, Mi Security and Mi Music app on MIUI 10?
- To block ads in the Mi Security app, turn off Settings> System app settings> Security> Receive recommendations.
- To block ads in the Mi Music app, turn off Settings> System app settings> Music> Receive recommendations.
- To block ads in the Mi Browser app, go to Settings> System app settings> Browser> Privacy & security> Recommended for you> Turn Off.
- To completely block the ads from the Mi Browser app, go to Settings> System app settings> Browser> Advanced> Set start page> and enter any URL. This will save you from the start page advertising.
How to get rid of spam notification at MIUI 10?
- Go to Settings> Notifications> App notifications.
- Now select the app that you want to block notification from the app, and then disconnect the notification.