Vishal Veeru Devgan professionally known as Ajay Devgan is an actor, director, producer. Born on 2 April 1969 in New Delhi. His father Veeru Devgan is a stunt choreographer. He started his Bollywood acting career in 1990. But got public recognition with the movie “Phool Aur Kante”. He also got the Best Debut Filmfare Award for that movie.
Ajay Devgan Bio
- Real Name: Vishal Devgan
- Nickname: Ajay, Raju
- Known Name: Ajay Devgan (Devgn)
- Date of Birth: April 02, 1969
- Age: 51 years ( as of 2021)
- Birthplace: New Delhi, India
- Hometown: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Current Residence: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Nationality: Indian
- Profession: Bollywood Actor, Director / Producer
- Marital Status: Married
- Religion: Hindu
- Date of Marriage: 24th February 1999
- Place of marriage: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Zodiac sign: Aries
- Food Habit: Non-Vegetarian
School: Silver Beach High School, Mumbai, Maharashtra
College / University: Mithibai College, Mumbai
Educational Qualification: Commerce Graduate
Ajay Devgan Physical Structure
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Black
- Height: Feet – 5 feet 10 inches
Meters – 1.78 m
Centimeters – 178 cm
- Weight: In Kilograms – 81 Kg
- Figure Measurements: Biceps Size – 15 Inches
Waist Size – 34 Inches
Chest Size – 43 Inches
- Shoe Size: – 9 US
- Father Name: Veeru Devgan ( Renowned Action Film Director)
- Mother Name: Veena Devgan (Film Producer )
- Brother Name: Anil Devgan ( Cousin brother – Film Director)
- Sister Name: Neelam Devgan
- Spouse / Wife Name: Kajol ( Bollywood Actress)
- Childrens Name: Daughter – Nysa Devgan,
Son – Yug Devgan
Affairs and Controversies:
Raveena Tandon ( Bollywood Actress)
Karisma Kapoor ( Bollywood Actress)
Kajol ( Wife) ( Bollywood Actress)
- Producer Karan Ramsay filed a copyright infringement case against Ajay Devgan for the movie All the Best Scripts in 2009. After many trials, the result goes in favor of Karan. But Ajay’s production claims that the movie was the official remake of an English play named ‘Right Bed Wrong Husband’.
- When his movie Son of Sardar trailer released, the human rights activist Navkiran Singh filed a case against him for presenting wrong information about Sikhs. As a result, Ajay has to make changes and cut some scenes according to them.
- Before the releases of Son Of Sardar Ajay filed a legal complaint against Yashraj films claiming that they had manipulated distributors and exhibitors in getting more screens for their movie.
Awards & Achievements :
- National Film Awards: Won the Best Actor – for Zakhm in 1998 & The Legend of Bhagat Singh in 2002.
- Filmfare Awards: Phool Aur Kaante , The Legend of Bhagat Singh , Company & Deewangee
- Bengal Film Journalists’ Association Awards: Best Actor – for Zakhm in 1998 & The Legend of Bhagat Singh in 2002
- Producers Guild Film Awards: Best Actor in a Comic Role – film All the best in 2009
- Stardust Awards: For film Company & Once Upon a Time in Mumbai
- Rajiv Gandhi Awards for Achievement in Bollywood
- Padma Shri awards for his contributions to the film industry
- NDTV Actor of the Year
- Vimal Pan Masala
- Sangam Textiles
- Andhra Pradesh brand ambassador
- Net Worth: $50 million (approx) or Rs 350 Crores Approx
- Monthly Salary / Income: Rs . 25-30 Crore per Film & Rs 50 Crore per annum
- Food: Bengali Rosogulla, Roasted Chicken, Continental Dishes, Chinese & Punjabi Food
- Restaurant: Mainland China in Mumbai.
- Actor: Amitabh Bachchan, Al Pachino, Jack Nicholson & Anthony Hopkins
- Actress: Madhubala
- Movie: Guide (1965), The Others(2001), The Sixth Sense(1999)
- Director: Vijay Anand
- Color: Black
- Hobbies: Painting, Sketching, Trekking & Cooking
- Sports: Cricket
- Destination: London, San Francisco, Paris & Goa
- Musician: Kenny Rogers
- Song: Tune Mujhe Pehchana Nahia
- Pet: Dog
- Perfume Brand: Polo
- Accessory: Sunglasses
- Out-fit: Jeans and T-shirt
Trivia about Ajay Devgan
- By born, Ajay Devgan is a Punjabi. He was born in a Punjab family with roots in Amritsar.
- In 1985, he debuted as a child star in Bapu’s Pyari Behna. He portrayed the character of the child form of Mithun Chakraborty’s role.
- He can drive from the age of 9 years old, as his father was a choreographer of stunts and permitted him to drive on sets.
- His actual name is Vishal Devgan, he changed his name to Ajay before joining Bollywood. Later, he changed his surname from Devgan to Devgn on a few numerological advice.
- Ajay Devgan hypnotized the whole audience with his performance in the movie Phool Aur Kaante, which was a megahit blockbuster.
- He got huge recognition from the viewers for his stunts in Phool Aur Kaante. Later it was frequently used in his other movies like Golmal, Son of Sardar.
- Ajay Devgan was the first choice for Karan Arjun, which afterward offered to Salman Khan. He was also offered to appear in Darr, though on account of a few reasons he declined that offer and Shah Rukh Khan ultimately got that role.
- Ajay has done some superfluity of cameo appearances in films like Taarzan: The Wonder Car, Sar Utha Ke Jiyo, Ready, Teen Patti, Guest in London, Poster Boys; Fitoor, etc.
- In 1997, his role in the sarcastic comedy film ‘Ishq’ gained him more popularity among fans.
- His performance in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam was critically acclaimed by the audience. Ajay and Aishwarya were impressive on-screen but later it was revealed that they hardly interact with each other on set.
- On the sets of the Hulchul movie, Ajay meets Kajal for the first time. At first, Kajal didn’t like him. But the table got turned during the shooting of the Gundaraj movie.
- After dating for few years, they tied the knot on 24th February 1999.
- Ajay Devgan established his own production company in 2000. His production company named Ajay Devgn Productions, and Raju Chacha was the first film under his production house.
- Rohit Shetty and Ajay are friends since childhood.
- Apart from Bachchans, he was the first person aware of Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s marriage.
- His first directional film was U Me Aur Hum.
- His costumes in Rascals (2001) movie was designed by 60 international designers.
- In media, he is a bit serious and introvert, but in reality, he is a prankster.
- He has 300+ shoes and 200+ glasses.
- Ajay Devgan has acted in over 100 films.
- He has his own private airplane. He was the first among Bollywood actors to own a private plane.
- Ajay doesn’t like taking his photos.
- He has a Lord Shiva Tattoo on the left side of his Chest