Mohammed Aamir Hussain Khan known as Aamir Khan is one of the most successful and top-rated Bollywood actor. He is the receiver of the Padma Shri in 2003 and the Padma Bhushan in 2010 from the Government of India in recognition for his contribution to Indian cinema. The Government of China gave him an honorary title in 2017. Aamir has received 9 Filmfare awards, 4 national film awards so far.
He was very active on his Twitter account and had acquired over 25.4 million followers on his Twitter account. But recently he has decided to bid adieu to social media.
- Real Name: Mohammed Aamir Hussain Khan
- Nickname: Choco Boy, Chocolate Boy & Mr. Perfectionist
- Known Name: Aamir Khan
- Date of Birth: March 09, 1965
- Age: 56 years ( as of 2021)
- Birthplace: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Hometown: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Current Residence: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Nationality: Indian
- Profession: Bollywood Actor & Filmmaker
- Religion: Muslim
- Ethnicity: Sunni Islam
- Zodiac sign: Pisces
- Food Habit: Non-Vegetarian
- School Name:
-J.B. Petit School, Mumbai, Maharashtra
-St. Anne’s High School, Bandra, Mumbai (till 8th Grade)
-Bombay Scottish School, Mahim, Mumbai (Secondary Education)
- College / University: Narsee Monjee College (Higher Secondary)
- Educational Qualification: Higher Secondary ( 12th Class)
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Brown
Feet – 5 feet 6 inches
Meters – 1.68 m
Centimeters – 168 cm
- Weight: In Kilograms – 70 Kg
- Figure Measurements:
Biceps Size – 14
Waist Size – 32 Inches
Chest – 40 Inches
- Shoe Size: – 9 US
Family, Marital Status, Affairs
- Father Name: Late Tahir Hussain (film producer)
- Mother Name: Zeenat Hussain
- Brother Name: Faisal Khan (younger)
- Sisters Name: Farhat Khan and Nikhat Khan ( Both are younger)
- Martial Status: Married
- Girlfriend / Affairs:
-Reena Dutta ( Ex-Wife )
-Kiran Rao ( Current Wife)
- Date of First Marriage: 18th April 1986 ( with Reena Dutta)
- Date of Second Marriage: 28th December 2005 ( with Kiran Rao )
- Children’s ( Kids) Name:
-Junaid Khan (from the first wife),
-Azad Rao Khan ( from the second wife)
-Ira Khan (daughter – from the first wife)
- Aamir khan faced public humiliation when his brother accused him of captivating him in the house, gave him some pills using physical strength saying that he is mentally ill. All matter reached the court, and his guardianship was given to his father. In the end, the guardianship was given back to Aamir by his father.
- He had a dog named after Shah Rukh Khan. Afterward, he said that Shah Rukh is the dog of the concierge of his house. Later he went to Sha Rukh Khan’s home and apologized to Shah Rukh and his family personally.
- Aamir Khan again faced public humiliation after made a public statement saying that he thinks Indians are getting intolerant, in December 2015.
- Famous writer Jessica Hine acclaimed that Aamir was the father of her son. But Aamir never agreed with her acquisition. Jessica was also neither accepted it publicly nor deny it.
Awards & Achievements
- Filmfare Awards:
-Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak – Best Male Debut (1989)
-Raja Hindustani – Best Actor (1997)
-Lagaan – Best Actor (2002)
-Taare Zameen Par (2008)
-Dangal – Best Actor (2017)
- National Film Awards:
-Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1989) ,
-Raakh (1989) ,
-Lagaan (2002) &
-Taare Zameen Par (2007)
- BIG Star Entertainment Awards (2010): Film Actor of Decade (Male)
- He received the “Indian of the Year in Entertainment” Award from CNN-IBN, In January 2009.
- Padma Shri in 2003 (highest civilian awards)
- Padma Bhushan in 2010 (highest civilian awards)
Net Worth, House & Cars
- Net Worth: $300 million (approx) / Rs 2100 Crores approx
- Income: Rs . 75 Crore per Film & Rs 150 Crore per annum
2, Hill View Apartments, Opposite Mehboob
Studio, Hill Road, Bandra West, Mumbai,
-Mercedes Benz S600
-Rolls Royce Ghost Phantom
-Land Rover Range Rover SUV
-BMW 6 series
Aamir Khan’s Favorites
- Food: Indian and Mughlai dishes, Dal Curry & rice
- Actor: Amitabh Bachchan, Dilip Kumar & Govinda
- Actress: Waheeda Rehman, Geeta Bali, Madhubala & Sridevi
- Film: Pyaasa
- Color: White
- Hobbies: Listening to Old Music, Watching Movies & Playing Chess
- Sportsman: Roger Federer
- Destination: Mahabaleshwar &Panchgani
- Singer: A.R. Rahman
Trivia about Aamir Khan
- Aamir Khan smokes cigarettes.
- He drinks alcohol.
- His father was a film producer and his uncle was a filmmaker.
- His great grand uncle Abul Kalam Azad was an Indian freedom fighter.
- He has named his son after his great grand uncle Azad Rao Khan.
- Aamir Khan started his acting career as a child actor at the age of 8.
- In childhood, he was very fond of playing tennis. He represented his college in several state-level championships. He had the state Tennis for Maharashtra.
- Aamir Khan, along with his cousin and his co-star went on roads to stick the poster of his film Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak on the buses and auto-rickshaws in Mumbai.
- His movie Dil was his first after four flops in a row.
- He is a big fan of Alfred Hitchcock stories.
- Aamir Khan is the highest-paid actor in Bollywood.
- He declined Madame Tussaud’s offer to immortalize him in a wax statue.
- Good friends with superstar Salman Khan and Rani Mukerji.
- His film PK is the highest-grossing Indian film of all time.
- His production film Lagaan was the third Indian film ever to be nominated for an Oscar.
- Aamir Khan is the founder of the 100 Cr INR, 150 Cr INR, 200 Cr INR, 250 Cr INR & 300 Cr INR club in Indian cinema history.
- He is a big fan of the Star Wars saga.
- Aamir Khan was the first choice ‘Saajan’, ‘Hum Aapke Hai Kaun’ and ‘Josh’. Later it was played by Sanjay Dutt, Salman Khan, and Chandrachur Singh.
- He kissed both Kapoor sisters Karishma Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor and is the only actor to do so.
- His kiss with Karishma Kapoor in Raja Hindustani is considered one of the longest kisses in a Bollywood film.
- Aamir’s nickname is ‘Kahaiyalal’. This name was given by his family because as a child he used to play and be surrounded by girls most of the time.
- Aamir Khan and Juhi Chawla formed a popular pair. He has acted with Juhi Chawla in 7 films. But out of these, 5 films were a flop.
- India’s ex-president Zakir Hussain is relative to Aamir Khan.
- He drank one liter of vodka before the shoot of the song Tere Ishq Mein Naachenge in order to deliver his drunk character.
- During the filming of PK, he approximately ate 10000 paans.
- He is also the brand ambassador of UNICEF.
- Aamir loves to solve Rubik’s Cube.
- He is an expert at videography, he had shot the wedding ceremony of Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna.
Aamir Khan’s Upcoming Film
Aamir Khan’s next upcoming movie is Laal Singh Chadda. As per reports, Laal Singh Chaddha is expected to release in December 2021. The film is an adaptation of the 1994 Forrest Gump. Amir Khan will be seen sharing the screen with Kareena Kapoor and Vijay Sethupathi.
Initially, the film was supposed to be released in December 2020, however, amid covid-19, the film was postponed for a full year. Aamir Khan’s ‘Laal Singh Chaddha’ is now scheduled for release during Christmas 2021.
Release date: December 24, 2021 (expected)
Budget: Rs, 105 Crores
Cast: Aamir Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Vijay Sethupathi